FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]
Old May 25, 2019, 12:47 am
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
)
  • Status recognition: Rather unexpectedly I got almost no benefit from my Marriott Ambassador status, but a giant upgrade at the Hilton based on my Diamond status. I do not think this is necessarily typical, but I would nonetheless put the St Regis Bora Bora in the category of hotel where you're better off using a travel agent to liaise with the hotel than to rely on your Ambassador
It is unfortunate that you didn't get Status Recognition at the StR. I am Bonvoy Titanium and had excellent recognition. I booked the Reefside Villa for a 2 night stay the first weekend of March 2019, in May 2018, to coordinate with an 8-day French Polynesia Cruise. In December 2018 I was upgraded to an OWV with Island view. We had an unobstructed view of Mt. Otemanu.

After settling in to our room they delived a bottle of Billecart Salmon Brut, Evian & San Pelligrino water and a plate of French Macaroons on freshly grated coconut with a card thanking me for my loyalty.

Our Butler was off the next day too but there was no lapse in service. There was one service failure; I had ordered coffee service for the next morning which didn't arrive. We were going for breakfast so I messaged them to cancel. During breakfast our Butler came by to apologize. A short time later the Assistant Manager came by to offer her apology and take full responsibilty explaining that it was delivered to the wrong Villa. As a service recovery she picked up the USD $169 lunch. I also liked how she referred to the restaurant staff as her "colleagues." If was a fantastic experience in a stunningly beautiful location.

Loyalty Recognition