FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]
Old May 24, 2019, 9:42 am
tods27

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
I figured I would ask this here instead of starting a new thread. I have missed out on my last two upgrades (Y->J/C) on LH and I'm wondering if there are some things I could do differently. I have *G status via UA, but have miles in an LH account with no status. Last year when I requested the UG, my reservation seemed to be a mess as my LH number was in it and I tried to change to my UA number, then use LH miles to upgrade. When I got to the airport there were somehow both numbers in the record (I have no idea how this happened). The question I have is whether I can actually get this to work. When I use the UG tool (here), it seems that I could "sponsor" the upgrade from my M&M account, but not fill in the second M&M field. Could this allow me to have my UA number still in the PNR? I'm basically hoping that my *G status would put me in a better position for the upgrade. When I book LH tickets through Concur, it automatically puts my M&M number in the reservation. I'm thinking that I may need to remove this to make sure my UA number is there. In the past I have not had problems with swapping them, but last year something seems to have gone horribly wrong (not that I think that I would have definitely gotten the upgrade if things had been correct in the system).