FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help! - Need flight delay certificate
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2019, 10:56 pm
lifeonthego_k

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Question Help! - Need flight delay certificate

Hello,

I was on LA 281 on Apr 28th from SCL to PUQ which, due to the bad weather at PUQ and runway closure was initially diverted to RGL, then PMC and subsequently cancelled. LATAM put us up at a hotel in PMC and the next day flew us on LA 1143 to PUQ. Ever since this happened I've been trying to obtain a flight delay certificate from LATAM but have been unsuccessful. The online link to the certificate returns a certificate with no departure or arrival time and the CSOs managing the case I submitted via the contact form have been incompetent. They sent me a false certificate claiming that the flight actually landed at PUQ on Apr 28th with only a 30min delay. I sent copies of my boarding passes and screenshots of the flight status (delays and cancellation) taken from LATAM.com on Apr 28th but they say they are unable help me.

Any ideas on how I can pursue this further and get an accurate flight delay certificate? I need the certificate to file a claim with my travel insurance company.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!