FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying IB / Iberia: seat selection, finding & using PNR, etc. issues
Old Feb 12, 2017, 10:05 pm
conklaven

Programs: DL, AA PLT, US, HH Gold, BW Diamond, Avis PP, Choice PLT
AA kicked pregnant wife and lap infant out of bulkhead

I'd like some help. Please move this if needed.

Bought my economy tickets on AA for my wife (who will be 6 months pregnant) our 20 month old daughter (as a lap infant) and myself. Route is mem-ord-mad-tlv the issue flight is the ord to mad flight. At the time of booking we were confirmed as being placed in bulkhead. A change of planes happened causing our bulkhead seats to no longer be bulkhead and we were moved to a middle row non bulkhead. I called up to be switched back to bulkhead but they are saying that there is no more available and there is nothing they can do.

There is another route that goes mem-dfw-mad that we could be placed in bulkhead but they are refusing to authorize the involuntary change and are wanting to charge us $1400. I've spent hours on the phone explaining that my wife is pregnant and that with a lap infant it will be impossible for us to not disrupt the passengers in front of us and their response was it was my responsibility to control my child. I am platinum and every "manager" I speak to has been nothing but rude to me and acting like I'm trying to get something for free.

Has anyone one had any luck getting a similar situation taken care of? I don't mind paying a fee but $1400 when this is thier fault is not ok.

Please help.