FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1:05 enough connection time in SAL from HAV to SFO? And other questions.
Old May 23, 2019, 9:08 pm
ricktoronto

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
TACA/Avianca pad their schedules like Copa does and they practice cram and leave so when everyone is crammed on the plane they leave. I've left 30 minutes early. I've actually arrived on intra Central America flights before the departure time. SAL MGA is only 35 minutes and I've left 45 minutes early as an example. So HAV may leave PDQ.

So likely you'll be early and the bus thing would be rare. I've never seen a bus nor been put in one other than once on Copa in Panama.

If this is the one flight a day to SFO they will be acutely aware you're inbound from HAV and are likely to make sure you board. They know stranding often non Spanish speakers in SAL for a day is bad for business and will try to avoid it. Maybe less so if you're it for connecting passengers or the HAV flight is hours late.

Irishguy28 isn't wrong in that they owe you a duty to get you there but in a super whacked situation don't expect US level service in CA airports. They'll do their best but there's a lot of people with little authority at times.

Last edited by ricktoronto; May 23, 2019 at 9:14 pm