FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue Bank of America card advice
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2019, 8:23 am
itaexpat

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, United Premier Silver
Flying Blue Bank of America card advice

Shortly after it launched in the US, I got the FB credit card issued by Bank of America; the 60XP + 25,000 miles signup bonus was attractive, plus 20XP each anniversary year, and $89/year really doesn't feel like that much for that type of return (every single XP counts for me to keep Gold status). But! Here's the caveat. I am primarily a Chase Sapphire Reserve holder, and the benefits attached to that just far eclipse any other credit card for me at this time. I stopped using the FB card essentially after hitting the signup bonus, and keep doing all my travel purchases on the Reserve for the 3X points, including those SkyTeam related. And most of my travel purchases are SkyTeam related, so I am forfeiting the mileage accrual that comes from that if I used the FB card.

I know every individual situation is different, but are there scenarios where people would advise using the FB card instead of the Reserve? It seems to me 3X Ultimate Rewards points are a better return, but looking for suggestions on whether and how I could alternate using both fruitfully.