FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old May 22, 2019, 6:41 pm
Joanna2360

Programs: AA Platinum
PHL to FCO Meal Choice Surprise Swap
On the fight out of PHL on 21 May 19 (the flight with the 4.5 hour delay owing to engine repair), we were given the following pre-booking choices:
Filet Mignon
Panko Crusted Prawns
Pommery Mustard and Honey Baked Chicken
Four Cheese Spinach Ravioli.

Since I had had the not-terrific but okay prawns and chicken before, I went for the Filet Mignon. The flight attendant said, as she passed by my seat, "We have your order," and I nodded. What came instead of the filet was an inedible Short Ribs item, so salty that the salt burned the inside of my mouth, so I didn't eat it. don't get why they send you an email asking you to pre-order if they are not going to give you what you order. It's a very small thing, but a company that is not paying attention to the small details may not be paying attention to the big ones, either. The unannounced meal swap made me think twice about the plane's engine being rebuilt with used parts (they included that information in a delayed-boarding announcement). Was the detail work being handled adequately by the AA mechanics?