FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baggage Sent To Wrong Airport
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2019, 12:52 pm
MNvikesNM

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Titanium Elite, National Executive
Baggage Sent To Wrong Airport

Monday morning on my MSP -> SEA -> SMF Delta decided to send my bag to Medford, Oregon instead of coming with me to SMF. We had an MX delay, then an aircraft and gate change in SEA so I'm assuming that had something to do with it. Sill curious as to why DL's scanners let them load the bag onto the wrong flight. Unless for some reason they chucked the bag onto the plane without scanning it and scanned it on arrival. No idea how their system works, so just pure speculation.

Once I got to SMF, the baggage office was very helpful and did all of the legwork on setting up the claim and talking to the DL people in Oregon. Interestingly, she mentioned that DL prefers that people don't use Twitter so they can keep their numbers looking good when we were talking about SkyPeso compensation (from my experience, Twitter can give out way more miles than airport folks, so I always ask how much they are allowed to give out).

Without a bag I had to go buy some new clothes for a day or two. Spent about $100. My bag arrived this morning and was delivered right to my hotel. I then filled out the expense reimbursement and received an email from DL about 20 mins later saying the check was in the mail, no questions asked! They did ask what my status was so I'm guessing I had some sort of priority. Unfortunately Twitter DL didn't fulfill my request for 50k miles, but I did end up getting 10k in the end.

Overall a pretty painless process and as a bonus I got 10k miles and some free clothes! Good job DL!