FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which airline is responsible for checking visa requirements on an interline PNR?
Old May 21, 2019, 5:05 pm
Yoshi212

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
To what end will this help? The passenger did not conform to visa requirements and was denied boarding.

Your friend could have purchased any cheap ticket from the S. Asia country to another via plane, train or bus to be in compliance.

Originally Posted by shiv666
Just to clarify here is something that transpired with a friend of mine.

-friend booked from canada to south asia with canadian carrier and gulf region carrier
-all flights on one pnr ticketed by the gulf carrier
-first airline only checked travel documents required for domestic travel but checked bags to final destination in south asia
-after completing the domestic flight the second airline denied passenger boarding because they did not have a return ticket as part of the entry requirement to final destination
-first airline says they are only required to check requirements for the segments they operate
-second airline says that the airline who initially accepted the bags and tagged them to final was supposed to perform a TIMATIC check
-friend has obviously reached out to both airlines customer relations teams but i was unable to google any clear answer to assist so i said i would inquire here