FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Oversold Business class on our flight this week, we lost award seats
Old May 21, 2019, 3:45 pm
JonNYC
Suspended

Originally Posted by swingaling

I wonder if anyone can explain why 4A/B is consistently showing as blocked for this and other 757 routes. I randomly checked a BSB-MIA and MIA-UIO flight next week (both 757) and it also shows 4A/B as blocked on both.

Are they simply blocking these seats for pilot rest? If so, why was OP ever able to select them to begin with?
They are crew rest, if it's a flight that doesn't require a third pilot they won't be blocked, for example sometimes out of JFK they can go to LHR on two pilots and that's the judgement of the captain, sometimes they'll request a third pilot depending on the operation if they expect delays.

However, I have no explanation for why they were ever/recently available for an international 757 like this if that's the case.

On this flight business is technically oversold by 2 so usually they compensate and reroute somehow but usually try to take volunteers first, but it's looking like the OP will have to scribble down some of the best info from the thread and get this done at the airport. Can't see any harm in calling tonight too (I mean they can clearly see that the flight is oversold and seats will not miraculously open up, barring a cancellation), but, best I can tell, airport is where it will need to happen.
Still waiting for one other person to get back to me.

Last edited by JonNYC; May 21, 2019 at 4:01 pm