FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2019]
Old May 21, 2019, 2:57 pm
stormpelt

Originally Posted by jsloan
No, there is no compensation due.

Do an award search on the United site for the day that you want. See if any options come up. Ignore the number of miles. If they do, ask for those flights. If UA has service to "C," you can ask to be put on UA's flight, even if there's no award space.

Sadly, this sometimes does happen. Provided that you had a valid ticket (did you ever get an email with a ticket number?) UA is on the hook to get you where you need to go or to give you a refund.
I actually did look up other award tickets from A-B, but the agent who was on the phone said she "didn't see them on her end" and said there's "no availability on those". They showed up on my end. But not on hers for some reason. Then she put me on hold for 30 minutes, so I had to hang up. Now I'm calling them back. It's all on partner airlines though, as it's in europe. Well, there's one flight in the US to get to LA, and then it's on partner airlines.

AND now that I looked up the awards for my last leg, I AM STILL SEEING THAT FLIGHT THERE, available. So, why the heck was it cancelled for me? I can still see it being offered! .... I am honestly so frustrated right now that I have to spend probably the next 2-3 hours on the phone figuring what the heck is going on.