FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Definitive "Booking Japan Airlines (JL) Using AS Miles" Thread - 2019 and Earlier
Old May 21, 2019, 1:24 pm
makrxx

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by skimthetrees
If you want to stop in Tokyo. Book the 6/26 LAX-TYO (via LAX-KIX-NRT). Call in immediately after booking (within 24 hours for a free change) and tell them you want to add TYO-SIN a couple of days later. They should have no problem doing it and there should be no change fee but 5k extra miles to go to SIN plus maybe some extra taxes. Call back to try a different agent if the first won't do it. If you cannot find an agent to do it then cancel for free within 24 hours (although I don't know if you get the partner booking fee back).
Thanks! I have just done this.

I called in to add 30th June to SIN and she said there’s no availability for that date. Website is showing 2 flights are available on 30th with seats available. So weird. I’ll call again in a bit.

Called again, before asking her to add the TYO-SIN leg I asked if there’s availability for 30th. She said yes. I then told her I would like her help to add that to my booking. Came back after a while and said she’s not seeing any availability now and can’t add it. I asked what about 29th, she said nothing either. Said this could be because the systems take a while to reflect etc.

Could this be because they’re trying to change my booking to a multi city one, which of course diddnt appear for me when I searched it?

How should I go from here?

Last edited by makrxx; May 21, 2019 at 1:39 pm