FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why am I staying in a Westin? Benefit desert...
Old May 21, 2019, 10:51 am
orca15

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
[edit] I'm so sorry, but the below applies not to Westin LAX but Sheraton Gateway LAX. Clearly I'm an SPG novice

A little off topic, but I'm starting to recall the LAX Westin Sheraton LAX and the story gets worse...offered "points or breakfast" to which I replied "I booked a "with breakfast" rate." Clerk denies that I have breakfast included so I figure I just mixed it up with something else and select the (continental, though I am not told so) elite breakfast gift. Later I recheck my records, discover that the FD clerk was wrong, and call the manager and leave a message. No response. Call back get a manager, and eventually get the breakfast rate differential ($20?) refunded, which I receive. Am also promised a compensation for the trouble of 10,000 points or some such...never received. Maybe I should have cut my losses at that point but as most of you know, if we stop staying at some brand when that stuff happens, there would be nowhere left to stay after a while.

Last edited by orca15; May 21, 2019 at 11:12 am