FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Oversold Business class on our flight this week, we lost award seats
Old May 21, 2019, 10:43 am
SK AAR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by curranch90
  • The phone agent supervisor is unable to book me on a revenue ticket with a partner "because that has to be done at the airport". (I even spoon fed them flight numbers for BA out of ORD in an attempt to lead a horse to water but no dice). I really pushed nicely but firmly and then some on this point and was repeatedly told that it 100% cannot happen over the phone
  • Any FIM would have to be issued at the airport and cannot be done over the phone
In summary, most of the call was being told what they can't do over the phone...

In my own words, all of their final advice can be summarized as "That's really weird, I'm sorry this happened but there's nothing I can do. Show up to the airport early and see what happens"
This is fully in line with what I have been trying to tell you above. There is zero chance that phone agents can solve this - they have no authority to rebook OAL or into revenue booking class. Airport staff on the other hand has way more leeway to rebook you even if means in revenue class or rebooking OAL. If you are indeed facing being bumped from J class cabin - which I seriously doubt is the situation - airport staff should be able to rebook you to EDI. As mentioned above, it should be done at DTW unless you receive BPs all the way to EDI