FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)
Old May 21, 2019, 9:49 am
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by moops380
Thanks for the info. How quickly can screenshot method be employed. What if I do that then call right away for a flight 24 hrs away. What if I am with my colombian friend who can do it all in spanish?

I am just trying to get the best manual process together for something like rdu-ewr-muc-hel UA/LH.

I have had struggles with LM in the purchasing and transfers from citi. took 2 months for the miles from citi to appear (+25% bonus). and the more recent transfer to friends things still billed me about $2k in pending charges that would have been lost if i didn't check (i double clicked it and hence double billed but only got miles once). They said 30-90 days for the refund but it came in about 2 wks. Had to open cases each time but they did make me whole. Also did have the help of a Colombiana to help in more than one circumstance.

I just hope UAs changes on 'saver' fares don't mess this up. Things like CHS-IAD-CMH for 7.5k are really great (esp last minute) and I won't be able to travel how i have (for the past ~8 yrs lots of last minute one ways) if this goes away.

Cheers.
The only thing you can do for urgent bookings is to mark your email with the screenshots as ‘urgent’ in the title.

The call centre will not connect you to the screenshot booking department. They won’t even follow it up for you while you wait. They’re completely separate. Speaking spanish won’t change this,

If your booking is that close in it may not get processed in time.

Screenshots used to be done overnight, but now can take up to 10 days (which is quite normal now). Most of us have tried to speed that up, without success. They’ll get around to it when they get around to it.