FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa GPUs Go Electronic {Archive}
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2019, 7:41 pm
cbourl

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by homeissfo
I have been trying to request an LH upgrade using a GPU on United's website since Friday. I repeatedly get error code 118. I've spoken with multiple 1K agents and have been sent twice to web support. Web support's solution is to tell me to try different browsers and clear cookies. I've done so for Chrome, Safari and Explorer, all yielding the same error code 118. The 1K agents have told me that they are getting a lot of calls about this problem but there's no fix. I asked to speak with a web support supervisor who told me that there has been an ongoing problem since April 12 (!). The 1K agents said that their complaints started when UAL upgraded their online GPU request system on Friday (May 17) night. I'm frustrated as the UA people tell me that there is no other way to request an upgrade but through the (non-functional) UA website.

Is anybody having *success* in even applying for an LH upgrade now using UA's website? And, if so, please generally describe what you are doing that makes it work. I've got the LH record locator number, the flight is booked under an LH number, and the fare is in D class, which the UA website says is upgradeable with a GPU (but the LH website says is not.)
Exactly the same thing here - NO LUCK Previously applied a GPU a week ago and waitilisted instantly - this time constant error message

Last edited by cbourl; May 20, 2019 at 9:32 pm Reason: addition