FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Extra Driver / Additional Driver / Spouse Fee" Thread
Old May 20, 2019, 5:09 pm
TJ665

Question

Originally Posted by seat38a
I ran into a similar issue at DEN. I needed my dad added to the rental agreement so he would be covered under both my Chase card and my own car's insurance. Also, since both of us were AAA members, additional driver is free. After phone calls back and forth between the checkout booth and the customer service agent, it turns out that they have a carbon copy manual slip for adding additional drivers so no charges are generated.
I would have thought that the CDP for AAA would have zeroed out any additional driver charges automatically and not have to require filling out a carbon copy slip in the electronic era. Really wish Hertz would allow you to add additional drivers in advance like National and Alamo. I have a rental coming up next month booked using the AAA code and will have to add my father to the rental. I will report exactly what happens when it comes time to adding the additional driver at the exit gate.