FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Possible to get Singapore Airlines (SQ) flight on 016 stock?
Old May 20, 2019, 2:06 pm
Repooc17
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by UAmilehighflyer
I'm sure this is a newbie question, but I'm starting to plan a trip to Singapore and was interested in options for flying on SQ metal from LAX or SFO (origin airport is DEN). I'm not planning on booking the flights themselves using miles, but would be open to upgrade options where feasible. Also, would like to look at premium economy options, and UA hasn't yet retro-fitted the 787s on this route with PE seating.

When I search DEN - SIN on United, I only see options on United, and a few on ANA. No SQ. When I search on SQ (which I don't really want to do because I won't earn PQDs) the only options from DEN - SFO/LAX are on Delta or JetBlue. I'm assuming this might just be a case of UA/SQ not playing nicely. I could just book on UA the entire way, but think that the experience on a 17 hour flight would be better in SQ no matter the fare class. Any expert tips or tricks on booking on UA/SQ?
The better question is how much are you willing to pay for SQ flights to plate on UA stock? Discounted booking class maybe a futile task on 016 tickets.