Thread: EZE Lounges
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2019, 1:10 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by bob278
Thank you.

Cruise ships require us to be off by 9:00 AM and, unless I can find a tour that takes most of the day, time at the airport will be exceedingly long. The ship offers a short tour/transfer but that gets us to the airport at 1:30 and our flight is 9:35. I am looking at options but a full day (7-8 hour) tour costs about $600. So unless I can find someone also on the cruise, we will have about 8 hours to kill. With any luck, I will find someone to share a tour and we can arrange to get to the airport around 5:00.
I would seriously consider finding a hotel day room somewhere. You can walk around at your leisure, have a nice lunch, freshen up again before the flight, not worry about your belongings, and you'll probably spend $200 for the room, taxi from the port to hotel, and taxi from hotel to EZE. While I have no particular suggestions for day rooms, consider either something around Recoleta or San Telmo for neighborhoods where there are interesting things/places to see, and plenty of food choices. Recoleta is ideal for the Cemetery (which is really a "must see") and San Telmo is ideal for most "EZE-convenient." If your flight is at 9:35, you'll want to leave the City at 6:00 PM.