FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice about how to handle this complaint/Request Compensation
Old May 20, 2019, 11:07 am
RangerNS

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by cheaptom
A bit later, he came to our seats and asked our destination. We told him the 4:30 flight to LAX. "Ohhh," he says. "We've rebooked you on the 6:30 flight to LAX." He showed me a printout that said showed something like 10 LAX passengers with missed connections are re-booked on the 6:30 flight.
Originally Posted by cheaptom
Back to when we were still on the first flight and the FA was telling us about the new flight, he did say we were protected on the new flight. We asked if we were protected in J seats, and he said he didn't know about our seats, but we were protected.
I assume in the later update , "he" is the agent on the bridge.

So easy enough problem: the flight crew doesn't understand the distinction between "protected" and "rebooked" (+ you don't know how to interpret 800baud friendly text printouts).

I agree this was a problem, and I frequently detect people who think they know what they are talking about going overboard. I'm not sure that this is especially endemic among AC staff, but I perhaps have built up an auto-salt deployment system when talking to them.

Write in, flag the problem. Don't expect more than a worthless apology or any change. But they won't change until they know its a problem.