FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice about how to handle this complaint/Request Compensation
Old May 20, 2019, 10:48 am
cheaptom

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Were none of you rebooked or were YOU not rebooked?

I've noticed a lot of paid J bookings lately will be protected on alternate flights without cancelling the original flight.

When we landed and got to the end of the jetway, the AC reps were there with piles of new printed boarding passes for all the missed connection people.. We told them our name, and they couldn't find our passes. Then we told them the new flight number we were supposed to be on, and they had no BPs for that flight (this tells me that it wasn't just wife and I who weren't re-booked, but everyone on that later flight. The FA told all 10 of us the new flight, but the reps inside had no BPs for that flight).

Back to when we were still on the first flight and the FA was telling us about the new flight, he did say we were protected on the new flight. We asked if we were protected in J seats, and he said he didn't know about our seats, but we were protected.

I was wondering the same as you mentioned...if we are protected on the 6:30 flight, have they cancelled our seats on the 4:30 flight? As soon as I realized we weren't on the 6:30 flight at all, it became obvious that the the 4:30 seats were still valid (and our only option), and then we began the sprint.