FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Credit card Asia Miles earning opportunities (HK) 2019
Old May 19, 2019, 8:36 pm
Kilian Zoll

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by Bezarius
Thanks barracuda93 and Killian, your views are much appreciated - I would have definitely paid for the Prestige under its previous fees... I may bite the bullet and take on the new fees. Any views on the DBS Black Card and the HSBC Visa Sig and how they can fit into spending patterns?
Re. Citi Prestige -- if you can make use of the 4th Night Free benefit then the card will easily pay for itself. Especially if you're able to book work travel (4+ night stays) using this card.

Depending on your willingness utilize credit across several cards and banks, your strategy would typically be to use specific cards for specific categories of spend (e.g. overseas, payWave, dining etc.) and then an everyday card for 'everything else' -- the latter is what I use Citi Prestige for, but other may use DBS Black, SCB Asia Miles BEA Flyer (which are all fee free) etc.

I personally signed up for the DBS Black for the reasonably attractive sign up bonus they ran up until the end of April. The current offer doesn't appear to be as good though.

Re. the HSBC Visa Signature -- any category you're expecting to spend at least 100k in you would typically assign to this card as it earns 1 mile per 2.78 HKD spent in a category of your choice. I have a significant amount of my spend overseas so I have picked the overseas category for both myself and my wife for this card.