FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA 77W / 777-300ER / 773 Business & First Class / F & J seat (master thread)
Old May 19, 2019, 4:19 pm
teemuflyer

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HAPPYLIFE
I am flying MIA - LHR. On the American Airlines 77W, First Class is $200 more than Business Class for my itinerary. Is it worth the extra $200 for First Class? Most of the reviews I have read don't make a very big distinction between First and Business Class on this particular plane. Thanks for your help!
Originally Posted by JDiver
For $200, I’d do it. The hard product is nicer, the soft product unpredictable.
Originally Posted by rjlon

just flew first LHR-LAX. I think First is worth every penny. $200 difference is a steal, half the discount business upgrade copay.
Food is better. I loved the Lobster appetizer and the Artichoke soup (catering will differ ex US). The seats have more length and width and the cabin is much quieter than Business. The B&O headphones were cool but stuck with my Bose. The Pajamas fit which is unusual for airlines and the turn down service was very polite. Ate meal and then relaxed. 11hours seemed to take about an hour. Business is good but more claustrophobic. Appetizers, soup etc are far more basic or missing. I also find food is better cooked and presented in first. Presumably due to higher FA to PAX ratio. So for me as a tall PAX who like the good life, best $200 you will spend.
No brainer to me. Yes, definitely worth $200. And just as a kind reminder, you will also get access to the MIA Flagship First Dining (and unlimited Krug champagne) prior to your flight.