FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue Silver vs. Gold
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2019, 12:51 am
Boturham

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by kmersh
My thinking which maybe entirely flawed is as follows: If I were to go for Gold, next year I will have less XP (maybe none) to start with (after FlyingBlue deducts the 180) and will have to fly more to obtain Silver where as say if I stop at 150XP, I will have 50XPs to start off with next yer only necessitating 8.3 (really 9) segments at 6XP per DELTA First Class segment to qualify again for Silver.

Essentially, FB status is more about redeeming for Air France First Class rather than any other tangible benefits, so Gold probably does not provide that much more to me and the miles would be better off deposited into my China Airlines account for a free ticket somewhere in Asia for 150,000 a ticket after I hit 150XP for the year or at least that was thinking prior to learning about the BoA credit card which changes things a little.

I am not as savy as you all, honestly, I travel probably a small fraction of you all and thus my logic is probably flawed most of the time when it comes to frequent flier earnings, etc.
An idea might be to credit to FB until Gold. When you reach that, don't credit for 1 year (while you're Gold), after you drop down to Silver, you have one full year to accrue 100 XP again while still being Silver.