Old May 18, 19, 6:27 pm
lixiaojuventus

Programs: FlyingBlue Gold, United Gold
Originally Posted by katiesmum View Post
Thank you both for taking the time to reply. I think there are other flights out of Beijing about 30 mins and an hour earlier, maybe we should think about one of those just to be sure. There is only the one flight to Da Nang. I will have a look at flightradar24 tomorrow to see what it says.

Our other option is a flight that leaves similar time but with Vietnam Airlines and then changes in Hanoi (2 hours 30 mins) but we thought Cathay Pacific might just be a little better and the price is similar for business class with both airlines.
1h35m is plenty of time for a normal transfer in HKG. The main problem is with PEK. Recently on a couple of days I've seen long delays and also cancellations in PEK-HKG flights due to ATC/weather in Beijing. So in theory if one is really unlucky, a 3h connection may even lead to misconnections. With that said, there are many PEK-HKG flights. If the flight you are booked on is delayed, you can always ask CX/KA to move you to an earlier flight. In conclusion, if I were you, I would feel comfortable booking this 1h35m connection for PEK-HKG-DAD.