FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining
Old May 18, 2019, 3:38 pm
Antarius
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
This is basically (on Reddit) a SLPT (S****y Life Pro Tip).

DO NOT only leave yourself only 10 minutes to go from one terminal to another. Now if your flight leaves from D that is another matter. Like every month there is a thread on FT about a poor SOB that missed their flight due to the Sky Link being down/out of order. DON’T be that person and leave at least 30 minutes before that way, if need be, you can walk.
10 minutes before the start of boarding. You'll be fine. That's still 45 mins before departure. Been thru DFW maybe 600 times in the last 7 years and there has been a train issue once.

I plan for traffic etc. But if the entire freeway is shut completely for hours and you are stuck, then .... happens - I dont leave for the airport 5 hours before my flight for the one time possibility that something breaks.

If the OP left 30 minutes before the start of boarding, that's over an hour before departure. Which would leave them standing around the gate for at least 20 minutes before boarding.

I respectfully disagree. The risk is too small to need mitigation plans.