FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2019, 3:03 pm
blitzkriegs

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ridefar

A standard room is still available for purchase. Not points. On all dates I looked at. So keep apologizing and keep it fact free buddy. Nice try. Nor does it book up months in advance. Again, not even remotely true. Why even bother posting if you are just not informed and not accurate? Seriously this is one of the dumbest least informed posts ever on FT. Which is an incredibly high bar.
Don’t wait too long...there are point bookings this week.

My reason for posting is kind of obvious - to explain the reason for limited availability. Something you have chosen not to consider, but hey, I’m not the one all angry about not being able to use points at this hotel. Or maybe the issue is you don’t want to pay the market rate for the room - your choice, not anyone’s problem around here though. However, there are points bookings available at this hotel and other Bonvoy properties in the area. There’s also the amazing option of actually paying for the room and use your points elsewhere if you are so dead set on staying here.

Beyond being able to walk to Oxbow and downtown (location), the hotel is pretty blah and feels/looks like it was built and furnished using a mashup of Home Depot and West Elm circa-2000 design. It has limited character of the area unlike other options that are available Bonvoy or not.

So, generally, due to high season and limited hotel rooms across the area, expect limited availability for points during Q2-4. Simple as that. Same at Alcobas, Andaz, etc.