FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2018/2019 Edition
Old May 18, 2019, 10:58 am
jrkmsp

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
DL 5074: PHL-MSP
Equipment: CRJ-900
Meal: “Dinner”
Distance: 979 miles, block time: 3h2

As quick as I got to Philly, it was time to go. After a stop at the somewhat depressing SkyClub and a chuckle at the cute little sign instructing me to have just one complimentary drink, I was back aboard a CR9 heading home. No preorders on RJs, so I had no idea what to expect for dinner. Good thing I set me expectations low. Choices were a chicken salad or a roast beef sandwich. I like the salad with chicken you can often get TATL so was tempted by that, but I’m very glad I did not. Looking at my seatmate’s dinner, it was more of a pasta salad with chicken. Definitely not great. If I’m guessing, this flight was double catered out of MSP.

Entree: Roast beef sandwich with cheese, lettuce and tomato
Side: Cape Cod Potato Chips
"Dessert:" Molasses cookie
Drink: Red wine, after we finished the sparkling during PDBs.

The meal:

The verdict: Disappointing, for sure. The bread was soggy on the bottom. The sandwich was mediocre to begin with. I wish we could get a side other than chips. I wish they didn’t run out of sparkling wine during the PDBs. Etc. Service was ... odd. The FA used all the right words, took orders promptly, delivered drinks quickly, but didn’t seem warm, and disappeared for most of the second half of the flight. So, not terrible. I have several more CR9 flights ahead of me, so, I guess I’ll be getting used to this.