FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience
Old May 18, 2019, 10:58 am
iapetus
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
You should not presume from the seatmap that your flight will have P+.
Well, it's not so much that I'm presuming it will be (OK, maybe I kinda was ), but rather preparing myself for that contingency.

So, yes, 22K is a good seat on the Polarized 772 but not so good on the pmUA 772 or the pmCO 772 (except if you really like window seats).
I really like window seats.

Originally Posted by N104UA
Unless the flight is marketed as one with PP then there will be no PP class of service (IAD-MUC is not one of those), so you may get a PP seat but it will be regular economy service, so the only upgrade you would get would be to Polaris.
I would not mind a P+ seat without the service. I value a footrest very highly. A footrest greatly enhances the possibility that I will get some sleep on a plane, I have found. If I've managed to put myself in a P+ seat without P+ service, I will find that to be decent consolation for my upgrade not clearing.

At any rate, it sounds like the application of a GPU will not be wasted. That's really what I wanted to know.

Let's hope that your upgrade clears!
It's a TATL ... in June ... on a Friday. So my hopes aren't all that high. But who knows?

Thanks for the responses!