FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriotts near National Parks?
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2019, 8:21 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
1. Yes, but whether you're coming from Fresno or Visalia it's still going to be about 45 minutes up to Sequoia once you get to the entrance. And there isn't a MAR property in Three Rivers.
2. Agree, which is why I said it was a stretch to name it Yosemite.
3. Agree, closer to Kings Canyon.

Didn't know there was a SHS in Wenatchee now. When my sister was a nat'l park ranger for North Cascades based in Stehekin, I would fly to SEA, catch a flight to Wenatchee, stay overnight (at the time only HIE was the chain there) & then drive an hour to catch the Lady of the Lake to Stehekin, So to me an hour isn't that far if one is in central WA & wanted to get to that area of the North Cascades. Later she was based in Mablemount.

Cheers.
I see. I might be off on the terminology, but North Cascades National Park is technically a part of what's called the North Cascades National Park Complex, which is also made up of the Lake Chelan National Recreation Area and Ross Lake National Recreation Area. I do have to admit I am not sure where the boundaries are for each of these units, though.

In any event, if I were to visit the park itself, I would probably stay in the Burlington, WA area where a Fairfield Inn is available.

As for Wenatchee, I don't know when the Springhill Suites was built, but it has been there for a few years at least.

LAX