FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fare Class has Inventory - Not Able to Book into? {Archive]
Old May 17, 2019, 5:37 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
... I am trying to book a P fare and it shows as available for both legs but does not come up as an option even when I search using P fare only - I mean it shows as a column but that nothing is available. ...
The probable cause is for your desired itinerary (origin, destination, dates) you are not meeting the fare rules for the P fare class -- this could be advance purchase, min stay, day of the week, overall routing, Saturday night stay, ....

To know for sure, you would need to find the published P fare for your O/D & dates and read the restrictions. To do this you need access to the entire set of fare rules, such as with EF or KVS or GDS access.

Note a different itinerary may meet the requirements and therefore may be bookable in P.Have the fare class inventory is a necessary but not sufficient condition for a booking.

This thread's wiki goes into this in more detail.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 17, 2019 at 5:44 pm Reason: how to find fare rules