FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience
Old May 17, 2019, 4:40 pm
iapetus
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
I'll be flying UA106 IAD-MUC next month. The current equipment for the flight is a 772. And, judging by the seatmap, I'm presuming that this will be a flight with P+. So I changed my seat to 22K.

But before I figured that out, I had applied a GPU. I'll be traveling on an H fare on a Friday evening. I'm hoping for an upgrade; J is currently booked 33 of 48.

So now I'm wondering about the impact of the potential introduction of P+ seating on that GPU. Since I currently hold a seat that would be in the P+ section, what's going to happen with this GPU?
  1. Will United considered that GPU used if my seat becomes a P+ seat and I don't move?
  2. How likely is it that I would get bumped back to E+ if I pull the GPU and the seat becomes a P+ seat?

Does anyone have any experience with this? I would consider using the GPU if I have to in order to secure P+ seating, but I'd obviously rather not do so if it isn't necessary. In my ideal scenario, UA would put me on the J waitlist and not pull the GPU if I don't clear into J (i.e. the answer to question #1 above is 'no'). The unrealistically ideal scenario is that I actually get the upgrade to J.