FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where is the SWU available? (Are SWU usable / useful?)
Old May 17, 2019, 9:36 am
tismfu

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by embarcadero1

I’m on a corporate contract as is every other EXP, CK and UA GS and 1K I know. Our company’s travel division talks up EXP and 1K status as part of those contracts!
My spouse and I are EXP based on personal travel only. No corporate contracts. No work travel.

For us, personally, SWUs have lost value due to paucity of C availability at time of booking. We are flexible with dates. We will even select a destination based on C availability, like a weekend hop down to Santiago, Chile last year.

Despite many international leg EF alerts set, thus far, this year, SWUs have been used only for our domestic “commuting” hops. A significant decrease in perceived value to us.

90% of our flying is not for pleasure, but it’s technically not for work, either. When we are able to travel for pleasure, we don’t want to take a “gamble” of being in Y, even if the gamble isn’t necessarily super risky.

AA’s tightening of advanced C availability has simply changed our purchasing behavior. We will shop away from AA based on price and timing.

We get that they are a business and have no beef with their tactics. But we also don’t send as many dollars their way as we did in the past.