FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any recommendations for San Francisco (SFO) vs San Jose (SJC) airport choice
Old May 17, 2019, 8:14 am
Soupdragon62

Programs: All the usual suspects
I know you've already booked, but for anyone else who may be interested in coming to the East Bay, to be hones,t if you have GE both work reasonably well.

I live in Pleasanton and last night I landed in back in SFO from LHR, once they finally got the doors open I was through the airport in about 10 minutes, the regular line looked awful though and there was a QF 380 landing around the same time which wouldn't make it any easier. The ride home was about 1.10 minutes. Once you get onto the San Mateo bridge it's fairly straightforward. I work in the Milpitas area and my homebound commute any time after 1600 is anything between 50 minutes and 1.5 hours with the average being about 1.10 - Friday is a nightmare though and a WFH day, you should figure on an extra 20 minutes at least from SJC to Pleasanton

So in summary GE- SJC/SFO is about the same, if not I'd go for SJC - Better dining options in SFO though if that's a factor l - Gott's Burgers! (I haven't taken one into the cabin though)

Last edited by Soupdragon62; May 17, 2019 at 1:35 pm