FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Gold Benefits - TAP Portugal
Old May 17, 2019, 6:04 am
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GoofyG28
Has anyone with *A Gold status flown on a TAP Discount ticket lately and was able to check in one bag?

In a rush to secure the flights I wanted, I booked my (first ever) TAP flights (LGW -> OPO, then LIS ->LHR) last night without realizing it's the "Discount" one. Now I have 0 baggage allowance. I'm a Krisflyer PPS member so hoping I can check in my one suitcase.
If I entered my information correctly, it appears that TAP is playing the "no free checked bag for Star Gold members on deep discount" game." Sigh. As noted up-thread, I just went through this annoyance with another Star Alliance carrier at LHR when I didn't know whether they would hassle me with the weight of my rollerboard. At least I learned that if I use a crummy, lighter-weight rollerboard (think Walmart quality), I can pack 4 or 5 days worth of clothing and still get within 8 kg. I kind of prefer that to travelling with my regular bag and facing the "stress" of being gate-hassled. All this annoyance for a pound or two.

https://book.flytap.com/bagsim/BaggageStart.aspx?_l=en