FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Air stability through summer?
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2019, 1:42 am
SusanDK

Originally Posted by phil94028
I have done quite a few flights with them with mostly good results.
Same here. My biggest complaint is the consistently late departure. We've flown 9 TATL flights with DY in the last 16 months, all in Premium Economy. I think the most timely departure was about 45 minutes late, most are an hour to two hours late. And none have been a result of late incoming aircraft because the plane has always been at the gate when we arrived at the stated boarding time.

Other than that, the flights have been fine, seats / space in premium is comfortable, cabin crew polite and attentive (especially appreciate the water being served multiple times throughout the flight, even at night), food is acceptable even if the presentation is basic (delivered in cardboard boxes). IFE could be better as it is repetitive once one has flown multiple times in a year, but I always have an iPad full of books and downloaded Netflix videos. Nice that they have USB / power connections to keep my device charged. I'm surprised there is no basic amenities kit in Premium (just an eye mask, ear plugs and socks would be nice), but now I know so I take one with me.

I'm really disappointed that all CPH routes to the US are cancelled for the upcoming winter season. The advantage of DY for us has been the direct flights to CPH. That, plus the ability to book one-way flights for the same fare as if booking a return flight. That has been invaluable, as we've had to make a number of trips back and forth without knowing a return date in advance.

I have not found another airline where I can book a one-way ticket in premium (or business) for a remotely reasonable fare.

I hope they survive.