FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Miles Award: TN / Air Tahiti Nui award redemptions (master thread)
Old May 16, 2019, 5:39 pm
cmtlatitudes

Business Award Question on Partner Airline to PPT

Today I started looking into AA's Award program. I haven't used any of my miles in at least a decade and decided in the past couple weeks its time to start making judicious use of the ~ 400K miles just sitting there, while I'm still generally mobile enough to travel longer distances. Not so certain that'll be the case five years from now.

Initially am looking at awards in Business/First to PPT, from IAD or LAX, in the September 2019 or February/March 2020 time frame. It doesn't appear the Business/First awards are released more than a month out, at least on Air Tahiti Nui from either IAD or LAX, based on what's available now. So just to become more familiar I started playing around with the $80K (one way) Business/First miles saver dates showing available in the next 2-4 weeks.

My specific question is, the Air Tahiti Nui 789 metal. The description on their website identifies three cabin classes, (Economy, Preminum Economy, and Business). But Premium Economy appears to be a separate business cabin by any other name, with Business seeming a first class cabin. When I put the award ticket through as though to book on AA's site, the flight details come up a booking code F, Class Business. Based on the Partner Award Chart descriptions, and the not precise verbiage classifications on Air Tahiti Nui's website, I'm not certain which cabin class the $80K miles saver actually maps into. The Premium Economy cabin or the Business Cabin. I am thinking it's probably only the Premium Economy class, or would be $110K miles? But since it is specifically coming up as a milessaver award, maybe not?

Arrgh. Any clarification on this is much appreciated, thanks! And thanks in advance for the other questions I will surely end up having also. The Partner Award process seems like a Black Hole.