FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.(2018 onwards)
Old May 16, 2019, 3:44 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daedge
I noticed that my Alliant Visa is no longer earning any cashback on payments made through Plastiq. It was a nice way to float the money on payments before. Even with the 2.5% Plastiq fee, I would still recoup that with the 2.5% cashback on the Alliant Visa. But, now it doesn't make sense. Anyone else notice this? I didn't get any kind of notice or indication from Alliant; I just did the math on my latest statement to figure out that the Plastiq payments were now excluded from earning any cashback.
Are you sure they're still being processed as purchases (rather than as cash advances) on your Alliant Visa? If they were processed as cash advances (rather than purchases), that would automatically explain why you wouldn't get cashback, I presume.

And in recent times, Plastiq has been doing stuff like that with some Visa cards:

Plastiq: Changes To Visa Personal Cards (Some Cards Coding As Cash Advance, Some Limited To 20% Of Credit & Others Unaffected) (DoC)

Plastiq previously said that Alliant would not be affected, but maybe that changed recently?