FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ontario man loses 370,000 Aeroplan miles saved for retirement
Old May 16, 2019, 3:02 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I don't even use any tricks nor do I have an AE credit card and 370k AE points still seems very low to me. That's like a year of flying for a lot of people here - 6 moths of flying for several. But somehow this guy who has flown a million miles thinks it's a lot? Doesn't add up.
Did anything say his million was on AC? Or in mileage-earning fares? Or that he had never spent any miles before? I feel like a lot of statements are being made based on a ton of assumptions. The only relevant facts presented are that he clearly flew "a lot", and he had 370k miles expire.

I've spent well over a million miles a year for the past several years (obviously earning more than that), but 370k is a lot even to me. It's not two round-trips to Asia in F, but it's a very nice retirement trip for two.

Maybe it would be worth a robocall if you have more than X miles (where X is probably around 1000) a week before expiry.