FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2017 - 2021)
Old May 16, 2019, 1:56 pm
tmiw
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Hawaiian717
Except for the Marriott Bonvoy Amex card. At least for me, I had the Starwood version in Apple Pay and EMV seemed to be provisioned automatically when the card was automatically updated to reflect the new Marriott Bonvoy branding.
I hadn't used that card in a while but the post did make me wonder if anything had changed, so I scanned my phone in cardpeek (both before and after re-adding) as well as the new contactless card that had arrived recently. In all cases, CDA appeared to be enabled, as well as showing data files that can be used for offline data authentication. However, no certificates appeared with the phone, but that's possibly due to Google Pay shutting off the NFC link after the terminal reads a certain amount of data.

Next, I went to CVS and made a small purchase to verify that EMV contactless was enabled for AmEx and it looks like it is indeed enabled now:

For reference, here's what the Google Pay app thinks the DAN is:

So yeah, hopefully this means AmEx in Google Pay will work on the Underground now. ^

(1F is "no CVM" above; the purchase would likely have needed to be much larger to get CDCVM to trigger.)

BTW, one interesting note is that CVS apparently skipped the first AID on the phone's priority list (A000000025021001) and selected the second one (A000000025011001). I'm not sure what the difference is between the two.