FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue Silver vs. Gold
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2019, 12:18 pm
fifty_two

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by kmersh
I am a citizen of the USA and travel 100% for leisure, I mostly fly domestically in the USA and that means DELTA for the most part.
if you fly business class it makes sense , otherwise if economy you might need to think cause each domestic segment in economy gives you 2xp

I have never credited a mile in my flying history to DELTA’s own SkyMiles program and honestly with the devaluations over time I really do not see a good reason to start now.
Be aware that this is a global trend in the industry , FB is doing the same

Since the newest incarnation of Flying Blue I have generally earned around 150XP a year, 100% from DELTA and last year as an example, I carried over 50XP which made qualifying this year even easier. Due to an AeroMexico Business class trip which I took in March, I am now sitting at 150XP with approximately 30-40 more XP to go this year after all is said and done. I am wondering if it is worthwhile to go for Gold (180 XP) or just credit the rest of miles to another program for the rest of year leaving me with 50XP starting off next year to make qualifying easier.
Its up to you , if silver is already enough or not , depends on your travel plans your the next qualification year

I guess my question is this, if the only use for FlyingBlue status is the ability to redeem for First Class is going for Gold status worth it, am I missing something that might be useful which Gold provides?!
check the rates for awards flight in first class aka P (i guess you are talking about la premiere and not business class) .

If you have amex rewards card or chase sapphire card and you spend a lot with these cards , you might be able to collect a lot of miles to book these flights in P