FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - D1 Purchase Waitlist
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2019, 7:37 am
jbeans

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Nah, those ~4pm flights can be pretty popular especially on Thursdays, and given DL is all 757s on SFO-JFK that limits J capacity. This is for next week per the OP, so not really surprising.

I'm assuming OP couldn't get into AA First Class either, probably wouldn't be meaningfully more expensive than a full J fare on DL.

That said, my experience is that there is a lot of movement in availability in the last few days with changes/cancellations, so good chance either the DL waitlist will clear, or something will come up on AA/UA/B6. ExpertFlyer is good for this, absent the ability to waitlist through a TA.
4pm flight on a Thursday, bingo! No J/F availability on any direct flight with any of the 4 carriers. Alaska did have a 3pm, but a bit early and seat isn't great, so wasn't worth the switch. For now I'll take my C+ and see what happens when it gets closer. I vaguely remember there being a swap to a 767 on my SFO-JFK trip last month.

A lot of hotels are fully booked too. There must be something going on in SF next week.