FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2019, 12:17 am
PiperAtGatesofDawn

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by lavedder
I will be flying RT TK from SFO to IST on Business class. Which Star Alliance should I deposit my miles? I usually fly United on domestic but I have been disappointed that their business class redemptions are either unavailable or require a zillion miles. However, I don't expect to be flying TK again in the near future, and I just want a partner airline that is generous on their redemption or upgrade.
There are very few programs that are better than UA - (decent saver mileage requirements + no YQ). If you only redeem on UA domestic J and that isn't available through MP - those flights in all likelihood won't be available to other programs either. TK M&S is a decent program and of course you can redeem across *A (with high YQ).

However, there's no easy answer to where you should credit. It really depends on your goals & ambitions. There's a dedicated thread in the *A forum where if you share more details you'll probably get a much better answer.