FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BW in Montreal
Thread: BW in Montreal
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2019, 9:08 pm
seks

Originally Posted by j2simpso
Having lived in Montreal for a few months in 2017 and stayed at both, I'd say Europa would be your best bet. It's closer to the downtown core and near restaurants. Ville Marie is closer to Mount Royal (the hill in Montreal). In addition, IIRC when you book direct with them you'll get a breakfast voucher each day that lets you have breakfast at the Cora's restaurant (think iHop but fancier) located at the hotel. Rooms are a bit on the small side, but all else being equal it's your best bet if those are the only two you're considering. As an aside, do you have AAA or CAA? If so, you can enter that into your hotel booking to lop off 10% off the cost of hotel. Aside from the peak times in Montreal (i.e. Grandprix Weekend June 7-9 and the world renowned Just for Laughs Comedy Festival from July 10th thru 28th), hotels in Montreal should be relatively cheap.

In terms of getting to/from YUL it's not going to make much of a difference since they're both at or near downtown Montreal and the airport is a good 30+ minutes drive. Your best bet would be to either grab an Uber or if you're on a budget take the 747 bus which costs $10 and should you drop you off close to either hotel.

Hope that provides some insight.

Safe Travels,

James

Originally Posted by wysiwyg
I’ve been to both. They are average 3* hotels. Personally, I prefer the Europa. It has a great restaurant downstairs for breakfast (Cora) that doesn’t charge too much and there’s a private covered parking complex down the street that cheaper than what most hotels charge in Montreal. They don’t have their own parking, except valet, I think where they’ll charge a premium and probably park it a the same place. Basic rooms are small, especially the bathrooms, but get a lot bigger as you upgrade. Never got any upgrade or welcome gift with Diamond status. They just give extra points, they say.
We will be there week of Jul 22. Booked at the Europa. I don't have CAA so I just booked the refundable member rate thru BW website.

There will be two of us, three full size luggages in total among us. Probably more convenient if we take the cab to/from YUL? I'm assuming there's a flat rate for that?