FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Seating Policy Guide
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2019, 6:31 pm
eddiea

Had an interesting conversation with a US based agent yesterday. It seems the policy regarding there being no payment required for assigning your seat in first class doesn't extend to first class itinerary on a plane with only CW.

Basically, I have an AA first class award ticket arriving at LHR, first class on a BA flight, transferring to a flight with only CW, no first. I called hoping to get them to waive the fee, based it being a first class itinerary. Nope, the agent was adamant that the fee was only based on where I actually sit, and the only way I would avoid the fee would to be in first class. I pointed out, that the particular flight doesn't have a first class, and if it did, that's where I'd be sitting. Nope, no budge. And it wasn't anything to do with it being an AA award, as he kindly pointed out, that I could choose my seats for free on the transatlantic leg.

So I asked, if I booked the exact same itinerary on BAs web site, first class transatlantic, followed by a European CW flight, would I still have to pay to select my seat in CW. He answer: Absolutely you would, as you'd be sitting in CW. Really, I don't think so.

Cheers.