FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - points purchased from daily getaway
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2019, 2:33 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
At least, three possible explanations: it's evidence of a devaluation, it's not evidence of a devaluation, it's coincidental and representative of a Choice IT glitch. Let's ignore for the moment that the last explanation is the most likely given what we know of Choice IT. Why block before a DG sale? That would seem to be a disincentive for point sales, which even as screwy as Choice can be still seems an unlikely step for them. After the sales, yes, that could still be evidence that it was coincidental, but it would be stronger evidence of an intent to devalue because then a concern about tying in a devaluation with DG sales would be absent.

If the Nordic properties are concerned about reimbursement regarding redemptions, then they might even consider withdrawing from the Choice program--just as many of the Irish properties that I very much enjoyed at 8000 points just a few years ago did. Although that wasn't a great result for me, I didn't consider that as Choice devaluing their program.
Choice’s cost for redemption nights at Nordic Choice hotels is costing Choice less money than it used to cost. Because of the currency situation. But this too doesn’t make for a good argument that Choice is or is not devaluing the points.