FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GS Qualifying for 2019 Discussion / Questions
Old May 15, 2019, 2:08 pm
n8-the-gr8

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly
Not sure all corporate contracts are structured that way. For many companies, the discount is in the form of a rebate at end-of-quarter or end-of-year. This allows the discount to be variable. 'The more you spend with me, the higher the discount' dynamic puts pressure on travel departments to route traffic to UA.
Many are also both. We have discounted fares reflected in what we actually book (e.g. the fare I pay and get PQD for, is lower than what a consumer would find online), and we also have an end of year discount / rebate based on volume. The volume discount never trickles back down to impact PQD numbers (at least on the front end where we see it).

Back to the original point though - that really doesn't matter. Just because your PQD count is lower than what a general consumer with the same flying habits would have (i.e. for your 46k in spend, a normal consumer would have had to spend 70k to fly those fares), doesn't mean United cares or tracks this anywhere. They would just look at your actual, not hypothetical, PQD and impact to the top line.