FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Maldives [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2019, 1:16 pm
YouGeeElWhy

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Dn10, thanks for getting that info. May you be memorialized time eternal in what will likely be a 100-page thread in 5 years, lol. I look forward to the repeated questions about menus, elite F&B discounts, which villa gets the most sun or privacy, what freebies are there, how is the house reef, should I bring my kids, I hate kids are there many, will I make the last seaplane flight, which hashish flavor is the best, should I bring my scuba/snorkel gear, why are things so expensive, am I going to get upgraded, do SNAs clear, DYKWIA, etc, etc, etc.

Originally Posted by Dn10
Depending on final categorization, overwater villa is 70-100k points a night. St Regis wanted close to 200k points a night in peak season. Slightly worried that the hotel won’t be fully up to speed by next March or April, but it seems like a no brainer to spend 280k-400k points with the 5th night free versus close to 800k. Thoughts?
Hopefully, JW's OWV will be a little cheaper than StR.

If they make the September opening for reservation guests I would be surprised if they did not have most of the kinks worked out in 7 months. We will likely try to go in Feb or March, but I will be keeping an eye on things post-September. We would have gone to StR, but that whole game they played with room availability pre-March 5th left a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited by YouGeeElWhy; May 15, 2019 at 1:56 pm