FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The CWL (Cardiff) Master Thread
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2019, 2:45 am
TravelDream

Originally Posted by seattle29
Flew back DOH-CWL this morning. No pax in J and around 80 in Y, so not great again. Good to see a couple of Bristol-based passengers who chose CWL over LHR though.

Spoke to the cabin crew, they all love layovers in Cardiff for shopping and visiting castles, haha.

I have many friends in South Wales who holiday exclusively in the USA/Canada, so QR is useless for them. Many people on my flight had transferred in DOH from BKK and DPS which are both low-yield tourist routes.

I'm sure the route is far better suited to the A321neo, once they take delivery.
The airport revealed the most popular destination for QR passengers in 2018 was BKK.

From these anecdotal reports, it appears that loads are incredibly variable. The statistics are provided by the UK Government Civil Aviation Authority, so will be accurate. I wonder what QR load factors are like globally. I have seen reviews online including one where there were just two people in the business cabin of an A380 going to BKK.

I'm sure Cardiff is a lovely layover for crew, especially with the five-a-week operation running currently.