FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EC261/2004 Claim Denied and new information
Old May 15, 2019, 12:42 am
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by tobiashenry
SAS denied my EC261 claim last year. The principal reason was that of weather and the delay was under 3 hours from LHR/ARN. After one year, upon hearing a successful claim from my friend of a similar situation, I am thinking to relodge the claim. After 3 weeks, I still have yet from them, and I sent them a reminder last week. Is there any way to force them to reply to me.
How long was your actual delay on arrival, what where the weather specifics?

How long was your friend's actual delay on arrival, what were the weather specifics on your friend's flight?

Similar circumstances are not same circumstances, and there may be good reason in the difference of the outcomes. If you can provide some more specifics, people can chip in with a view of whether you have a case. Though SK are generally pretty good at paying when compensation is due.

That being said, you can contact the Danish authorities and raise the case, or you can contact one of the agencies that (for a fee) can handle your case. Though admittedly I would advise to try to let the forum comment on your specifics, there are a lot of people with good understanding of the current status of EU261 interpretation if you can provide sufficient detail.